Saturday, February 20, 2016

Eight Points

If I had a word, to send to you
Can you tell me what it would be
How many points is it worth
On the scrabble board
that is our life

Across the mountains
And over the seas
If my thoughts could travel
To anywhere I pleased
it might just be hello-o

It could be goodnight
How, fun, or serendipity
Just a smile or a wink
An expression in thought-
bubble, like a balloon

But really, in reality
I just want to let you know
I'm thinking of you
My friend over there
where it is, that you are

On the scrabble board
That is our li-ife
How many points do I get
When I simply say,
hello-

3 comments:

dogimo said...

Sweet and beautiful.

I like a lot of these poems. I should wander through more often!

Oh, and looks like Hello is 8 points.

http://www.thekatespanos.com/scrabble-score-calculator/

dogimo said...

Um.


Yeah, sometimes I like to consider the poem and the title as two separate entities.

Resonating Sound said...

I like your brain, Sir.