Thursday, January 21, 2016

Do You?

I knew this would hurt.
But somehow I am still surprised.
I want to enjoy our time, I do.
But I also want to hide away;
Avoid all the interaction and pain inside.

My stomach is torn.
And my heart is ripped.
I'm falling to shreds in here.
And I don't know how much longer
I can take this insanity of life.

I want to run to you,
And hold you in my anxious arms.
I want to kiss you.
And never leave your side,
Even though it wouldn't be the same.

I can't help how this all feels.
But you seem to think I should.
I can't help the tearing confusion.
But you don't seem to feel it;
Unable to understand these things.

You want me to be somebody else.
But that isn't how you presented your self.
You get angry that I'm not.
But I can't change who I am,
And I don't think you want me to.

If you want somebody else,
And feel that change is right,
Then I hope you embrace it.
And not fight it for our sake;
You don't even seem to think there is an us.

Temporary I said.
And mean it, I definitely did.
Temporary I hope.
And really wish it true;
It is what I want, do you?

No comments: