Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Haulted

Growing
We should always be growing
Learning
Developing
All the years within our lives

No longer am I
That train stopped in it's tracks
Must have, with how I feel
Rolled backward
As trains are want to do
Possibly too far
Will it restart
Find momentum to push forward
Or linger in time
Like a broken watch
Unfixable, discarded as trash

One situation
A jam
Like being sunk in five feet of mud
Another full of pain
As if the fault is all mine
Yet another in limbo
Not knowing what ever will change
Or when

How can I move on
Push through to the next step
When my shoes are glued down
The weight of my past
The pressure of my future
The uncertainty of my present 
Compounding like a vice grip
Threatening my life

The contusions are deep
Dark, rich, sharp
Imaginary
From the punching bag I turn myself into
From the fighting within my skull
And the existential torture
Merely from living
In this first world life

No comments: