Sunday, April 12, 2020

Incapable

This heart is breaking from my own incapabilities
Doubt and insecurity buried deep
Hidden from those who might see
There is what it wants
Then there is what it needs
So many things I cannot provide
It is a regular occurrence, the battle inside
Wars waged in these veins
And shots taken to the gut
A soul grown to stand and fight
A brain primed to run, turn on a dime
Nurture versus nature
With no balance in between

This heart is breaking from my own incapabilities
Doubt and insecurity buried deep
Here we go, I can tell
It is creeping up again
This lost, lonely feeling 
Like I've been constantly searching
For a steady place to stand
A place not only to rest my head
But also my troubled heart
Have I found it?
I might have found it
But did anyone bother to tell
The muscle throbbing in my skull

No comments: