Friday, July 23, 2010

Inspired by You

{With the help of Melissa Etheridge}

In front of 20 strangers, I will kiss you.
I want to be your just a little more.
I want to be your hand to hold.
Here you can rest your troubled mind.

"I am watching you sleep
I want to swallow the moon
Give a smile back to you
Light your way
Tell the Angels they'll just have to wait

'Cause I wanna stay here in this moment
Can I quietly slip into you
You and I can stay here in this moment
Let the world fade away,
I just want to stay with you

I am watching you breathe
I am pulled into you
As you smash into me
Oh I want to give you the stars
All that I can hold in my arms
Placing them where you lay
Tell the Angles they'll just have to wait

With my hand on your skin we can slowly begin, I am free
Now the heavens have less cause I've found the best and I won't let them take you away
Tell the angels they'll just have to wait...

I wanna stay here in this moment
Make the earth stand impossibly still
Disappear in your kiss,
Let the world fade away,
I just want to stay with you
With you"

I want to be your fearless love.
I will hold you now.
No need to fear the end.
Live your life,
Peruse your happiness,
And don't settle for anything less.

'Cause
"I would dial the numbers
Just to listen to your breath
I would stand inside my hell
And hold the hand of death
You don't know how far I'd go
To ease this precious ache
You don't know how much I'd give
Or how much I can take
Just to reach you"

No comments: