Thursday, December 30, 2010

Baby-

Robin,

I am so pathetic. This morning without you, I stayed in bed for hours, not wanting to get up and recognize the day. When I stubbornly did, ripe at 12:30pm, I groaned as I walked to use the restroom. (Did I mention that I woke at 9:19am?) It took me another half hour or more to decide to feed my stomach, which had told me of its hunger a few hours before. With lunch I got rid of that beverage we kept. It scared me, the affect it had. Made me really wish you were by my side.

The main plan for the day is to text you. That and enjoy the times you call and we actually talk on the phone. I like that we can talk on the phone. When did that happen anyway? It used to be so hard for us to do. The conversation helps a lot; you haven't been gone even 24 hours and I miss you like crazy. Of course I know that part of why I miss you this much already, is because you are so sick and I am not there to care for you like I like.

Goodness I hope that you get to feeling better soon. Here's to hoping that it is Strep. I don't think I could stand it being Mono. I know they would keep you there much longer than planned. I also know you would despise missing so much work; constantly praying that they would be understanding and keep you on staff. It would all be so sad, long, miserable, and lonely.

I don't know what I would do if you were gone that long. Don't get me wrong, I can take care of myself, and I would. But that does not by any means mean that I would want to. I always prefer to take care of those I love the most than worry for myself. Without you here to care for, see every day, and love on, I know I will be lonely, bored... sad. Not to mention worried as hell about you. Let us also not forget that over the past several months, I have quite nearly become dependent on the warm love you give to me constantly throughout the day.

I love you. I really love you. And I am praying, please feel better soon. I want to make that drive up there in a week, throw you into my arms, and bring you home. One the way, I will even stop to get you a wonderful meal (if time and money will allow) and thoroughly enjoy watching you take every bite. … I love you, Dear. Take care of yourself and feel better.

-Al

No comments: