Sunday, December 05, 2010

Sisters of Mine

I could use you now
Fall to your shoulder
And let these dismal tears fall
I could say they’re for them
I could say they’re for you
But you, both of you
Would know; they are for her
Her and the fear that comes
When I think of those nights
What if at helping her, I fail
What if I’m what pushes her over
The rocky edge on which she stands

What if
I could ask a million times
It doesn’t really matter, I know
As the days grow closer
And the weeks grow longer
As time moves its weary head
And more news bares its face again
It seems there is only more to add
To this heaviness on the world
Pressing down on the shoulders
Of this creature grown between
The two of our entangled souls

To the point now that it is
Trapped like a lost marsupial
Wondering of what is home
The anger from one dear friend
Can lead to a sadness and an ache
That reaches through the core
And trembles the foundation
Which calmly balances face
Composure needed in such space
As the one in which I sit, here
At this very moment now
With my fingers on the keys

Now that this wave of feeling
And looping circle of thought
Begin to come to plummeting halt
Here I am again, yet again
What if
What – if –

No comments: