Sunday, December 19, 2010

Always Remember

I wish to crawl back under your blanket
Which lay draped across your soft, naked body
Wrap myself around you, sleeping sound
Gently touch your delicate skin and hold
You in my arms like it's Christmas morning
Slowly stroke your back, belly, and sides
With love, the kind of which you have produced
Radiating from the palms of these hands
Carefully express to you my love with silence
As quietly you awake beneath my beaming smile
There shall be an emotion shining from my eyes
The likes of which you should always feel
As you roll into my embrace with a sleepy
And very much adorable grin of your own
I will lay a wish upon your mess of red hair
May moments like these last us a life time
Fill many mornings; continuing to take
Our breath right from our chests, cages that
Hold our stuttering hearts, side by side
And always remember, Dear ~ I love you

No comments: