Monday, April 29, 2013

Marry Me Anyway

(Written out of anger, and out of pain.)


Damn you. Damn you, damn you, damn you.

I love you more than you know.
I want so badly for the separation to make our love stronger,
for you to overcome your fear and be open.
So that when four years comes, I can look at you and say
“We've made it this far, I think it's really serious now; 
-tell me someday you'll marry me-”

But every now and then, I see how little you notice or seem to care when you do, 
about how much effort I put into 'us.'
Even when you get so angry feeling as if you are the only one that does.
And then I remember how often you disrespect me and what we have,
speaking of how bad things are, and how much you don't know why you are with me.
As if there are never perfect moments, when we are complete-
happily wrapped in each other's arms.

And as I try to rid all my anger, yelling into the silence around me,
as to not hold it in and let loose on you...
The wost knowledge washes over me-
the one and only reason you have ever mentioned wanting to remain anywhere near me-
was not me...
It was for a new found friendship; not the love we supposedly
share.

Oh, like heaven and hell mixed here on Earth,
I would follow you most anywhere, and hold a spot for you when you are away.
But if you do not begin to show me that you actually care,
beyond what you call “apologizing and fixing things,”
acting pitiful to the point of pain over the smallest things,
I might one day have the hurt enough to tell you-

“Go ahead, go home, leave. And do not call on me again,
until you are sure you actually have love in your heart,
and not just comfort in your limbs.

We both deserve more.”

No comments: