Sunday, August 22, 2010

To .... Me

Hey You!
Yeah, you in the corner;
You don't say much?
Is everything ok?
...
Do I even know your name?
Are you going to respond;
Preferably with more than that stare?
...
I have a distant memory.
One of your face.
A blurry idea of a voice
That might fit your name;
A name I think I used to know.
...
It feels like one of those
Completely offhand memories
That a child claims
As one to remember
In their first years of life.
...
Would you tell me if I once knew you?
Did we once correspond?
Someone pointed in your direction,
Asking of your input;
I realized I've never asked.
...
Here you are,
In this place,
The same as me.
Shouldn't you have a say?
Don't you realize
As another part of the collective,
You have a voice as well?
...
What is it that makes you so silent?
Was it something I did?
Or did another cause this pain;
This awkwardness between us?
Is there a way to delete that?
...
I want an open dialog.
One that doesn't hurt.
One that doesn't feel
Like pulling one brick
From the bottom of The Great Wall.
...
I am sorry for the ignorance.
I know it will take time;
Time to heal these self inflicted wounds.
But I hope that we can grow,
Together;
Eventually rejoining as one.

No comments: