Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Helpless

I don't even know what I'm crying for
Part of me just wants a hug
I laid near you for a few
Just to be by your side
But I feel I was just in the way
Of your deeply sleeping body
I would have curled around you
But once again you're burning up
I really wish you felt better
Sitting back and watching you
Just trying to do the best you can
Despite the pain and nausea
I feel helpless and ...
And up until you began to doze
You wanted to cheer me up
This doesn't feel much different
Than it has for a good while
I don't know why I'm sad now
It doesn't make any sense
And I really don't want you to feel
That you need to tend to me
Or to my ever slipping mood
It'll come back I promise
Just try to take care of you
And please let me know
If there is anything I can possibly do

No comments: