Thursday, September 23, 2010

Like Streusel

The other morning my first alarm chimed
As the song was silenced, important facts were remembered
I had a friend nearby, snuggled up and warm
Quickly over to her side, seeing that darling face
Distraction soon, freckles of a streusel like memory
Suddenly a hand appears, caressing that sweet skin
A slow and steady massage for every possible ache that may one day come
Recognition begins, that's my baby, that's my hand
What a great way to start what was to be a long day
But not any of that day matters now, just that moment
That wonderful, soft, sensual moment, “Mmm”
Watching that precious sleep for a glimpse in time
Roll into the loving touch of a comforting palm
Patiently yielding to the movement over muscle
Slowly, gently, pushing and pulling to relieve and relax
These seconds could last forever, I could fall asleep in them
Like a cool breeze on a warm afternoon, moving through your hair
Daydreams come like wishes, of kisses, and tight embraces
Happiness to know I get to hold part of you with me
As your eyes open, and that moment fades
Sitting on my brain like a lingering taste
Of a streusel like memory

No comments: