Sunday, November 21, 2010

Beautiful Little Screw Up

When I began this piece, I never imagined this is what would come~

I’ve become your beautiful little screw up
Wreaked at torn, beaten and battered
From the scars of a decent life
These are not the marks one should receive
From the blood that runs through my veins
But yet they run so deep, covered on the surface
Shallowly layered with denial and regret
The bandages from your whispered love
Have only covered so many of the burns
From the times you’ve spoken otherwise
When you are too angry for your own good
And slip the things you swore you’d never say
The sounds of which I’ve sadly learned to mimic
The memories are brought back to the things
That you might really think when you imagine
My 22 year old face in front of yours
Every time I begin to fail, I soar right back
To all the moments you flippantly disregard
All the encouraging words you have poured
Through your tiny lips into my psyche
And each time that I find that there is
One more thing you wrongly believe of my life
And choose to discuss with all but me
What is there to do anymore but to simply
Roll my eyes, shrug my shoulders, and walk away
All I will ever be for you is your youngest
Your sunshine and your fallen
Until you managed to let yourself know
That there is more to me, no matter how much
I fall behind, inside this adult body of mine
You have shaped most of it, and parts you may
Never like, but it is me, who I am
And I question, will you ever know

No comments: