Sunday, November 28, 2010

No Matter the Truth

You sing to me the lyrics floating on your mind
What a fool I am, takes me this long to realize
But even though I have now, doesn't quite mean
That I know what you mean, when they are usually
Something different, when they are played in your head
How am I to know, even if I really do know
There is always a second guess, when I am lost
On how I am supposed to fit into this equation
Don't you remember, I am flunking the subject
Revolving around mathematical types of things
So here I sit lost in my own wondering on if
I messed up and again triggered that one button
Which I tip toe around, as to not make a sound
Or was it everything else nearby, leaving you
Wanting to scream out the door, slam down any wall
With your fists of furry and aggression at the world
And no matter what it was, if it really was
Should I watch every moment, for it all comes tumbling
Down when I am too near and you are not ready
To hear everything that weighs down on you
It is like I bring all of it closer to home when
All you want to do is become numb to the entirety
Of all that is out there and sensitive in the world
I could be completely wrong, sincerely off base
On all of that which I state, but this is my perception
Please, do correct me if I am wrong, I so often am
And no matter the truth, I will remain here
Waiting. Anytime that you happen to crash, it is
My honor to be the one, allowed to catch you
And even though I hate to see you fall, I will be here
To catch you as long as it my arms you truly want
Patiently waiting to break your plunge

No comments: