Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Confession of the Friendless

This is a confession of the friendless
This is the ballad of the lonely
This is a plea to the life I lead
Please do not allow me to become bitter
Please do not let me rain on parades
Please help me not harbor hard feelings

I sit barely think of anything
Other than the only one my life holds
I sit and notice the whole world going by
Very few even seeing me here
I sit and wait for the one to return
As their live continues to move

Through all the trouble and pain
She moves, carrying herself onward
Finding times to enjoy and things to do
Spending time with remaining friends
Getting to know them better than before
From here I do my best to lend support

This is a confession of the friendless
This is the ballad of the lonely
This is a talk with the life I lead
I will go on this way for now
Until happenstance has this position changed
And I refuse to harbor hard feelings

No comments: