Saturday, January 01, 2011

Like a Riot

It contracts from the inside
My innards the specimen
Creating a simulation in my mind
Like a child, abused and broken
Finding the last of their spirit
Harnessing all that they can find
Placed into a last ditch effort
Pushing, pulling to break free
It comes all at once like a mob
The riot before the fall
Or the bang before the firework
Slowly my stomach crawls
Working its way up my esophagus
Soon to be tasted in my mouth
Not yet, it likes to take its time
I go to stand over its thrown
Ready to release its offering
But not yet does it come
Later maybe, more than likely
And this fever might as well remain
It likes to stay until all is settled
And every last crumb to be tossed
Escapes this cage of yellowing teeth

4 comments:

Let our Love be Heard on High said...

And the edge rounds another corner.

Let our Love be Heard on High said...

Marching across the line.

Let our Love be Heard on High said...

Ready to take another plummet down.

Let our Love be Heard on High said...

Nine hours and fifteen minutes from now.
Hopefully a discovery to be made.
Before yet another descent.