Saturday, January 01, 2011

Red Veil

Slowly blood trickles down my already paling skin
Patiently it slips onto my eyelashes creeping along
Carefully and steadily it dips itself, drop by drop
Plops delightfully onto my cornea, trying to seep in
Although the barrier not be broken, still it blinds
As the donation is thinned by the beginning of tears
My vision turns from stark blindness to blurriness
Barely visible through a thin, wavering red veil
Like a snail it moves to creep down my round cheeks
An eternity turns over marking the time it takes
For the first rolling drop to reach the finish line
Taking an acrobatic dive off of the angle of my jaw
Aiming its self for my breasts, lying tentative below
My ripped blouse, shades of rosemary polished by white
On the floor crying, memories of what happened gone
infuriating fight to realize the gravity of my situation
Thoughts go fuzzy, time drifts away, leaving pictures
The last of things seen is a familiar image of a face
The hair, the shape, the name, all loved, now lost

No comments: