Thursday, March 17, 2011

Come Back to Us, Summer Breeze (Please) (may need edit)

I miss the nights we couldn't get enough of each other;
Those times we would nearly be sick due to sleepiness,
Before we would even consider parting our ways.
When the love used to radiate off of our skin;
So hot red that not a soul could miss the flame,
No matter how hard we tried to keep it under wrapps.
I miss the dozens of kisses and ever sweet I love yous,
Before sleep would over come our dreary eye lids.
I miss the hugs that never seemed possible to end,
That would feel like shattered earth when broken.
The butterflies that always fluttered inside here;
That look that always made me completely swoon.
Even when we were apart, your love so strong,
It could keep me warm at night no matter the chill.
When I could not contain my ever rising joy,
Brought out of every poor by the way you made me feel.
Those butterflies still come around in me.
And the earth still feels as though it shatters.
But the chill keeps me so cold these nights;
And the true sleep, seems it almost never comes.
My reality stares me straight in the eye;
But to the touch, is colder than the air we breath.
And aside that fluttering is a ball of nerves,
Waiting to see if the falling clouds in the sky
Are really crashing down around me.
Or if in time they will remember the soft feel
Of a summer breeze, blowing them to a fro'.

2 comments:

Let our Love be Heard on High said...

As things change
I know no what to do
Do I let things slip as they will
Or do I fight and risk it all

Let our Love be Heard on High said...

See: An Answered Call