Sunday, March 06, 2011

Some

That look is supposed to be mine
It’s supposed to be designated for me
To make me feel special and beautiful
But every single time you just give that look away
It makes it less special
And makes me increasingly less beautiful
In my heart, that look is always yours
There is no one else worthy of it
I can handle the attractions to others
But I already fear watching certain movies
For the anticipation of seeing that expression
Being so blatantly displayed
And now there is this
What you so loudly protested
And what has harmed you so in the past
Just tell me; just let me know if it’s true
Random strangers get that countenance
And my image decreases in value
I will manage; at least I think that I can
But not knowing, I feel, would be the worst
To find out later and be totally crushed
At least let me get used to it now

(Some reassurance may be needed sometimes, that you still even feel like that with me; that you aren’t ready to move on. Some.)

No comments: