Monday, March 07, 2011

Into My Silence

I will fall asleep crying tonight
I am losing you and it is ever present
You are slipping away between my finger tips
And I wonder if I should let you go
I am going to lose my mind
I am praying that I might survive
It’s behind so much of what you say
I can feel it behind so much of what you do
It scares me, but I must face it head on
I am not going to trap you into this
I am not going to hold you down
And you have no need to watch the motions
As I drop so quickly down
Just go if that is what you want
You will be free of me, to do as you please
You have never needed my permission before
You definitely do not need it now
If you are going to walk out that door today
Just do it
No sense in worrying about me
I feel enough like excess baggage
Just let me scream into my own damn silence
Because the one person I want to hold me
Will be leaving with you

No comments: