Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Lucky I

My love for you pours from my fingertips
Beating in my heart with the memory of your voice
The thought of your face close to mine
Brings feelings of warmth and joy
A wish floats idly threw my head
The slow motion of an airplane above
Imagining your fingers laced with mine
May I feel your breath and taste your lips
Longing for your smell and soft touch
To hold you in my arms here tonight
Would be more than any gift ever given
Simply to have you near my heart
The Lord above shares such grace
The light which radiates from your eyes
Could do wonders for the human race
Were it a liquid form of power
Spilled over the masses to cure all evil
Oh! To be loved by you
It can carry a being through the day
Oh! To love you
Could carry and body through life
Oh! And lucky I
To be carried through and through

1 comment:

Let our Love be Heard on High said...

Do you even know,
Can you even see,
There is an emotion behind these words,
And I have no clue,
If you even read them at all`