Thursday, March 10, 2011

You Will Understand

I’m going to write you a song
I’m going to sing you a melody
I’m going to mold you a statue
Made out of solid gold
I’m going to speak to you
While your sleeping dreams wake
In these moments you will understand
Although the knowledge will not last
Just to the degree which my feelings heat
All the things you often question
Whether it be to me or in your soul
Every answer shall come to you
Never need I know if you’ve heard at all
For while your sleeping dreams awake
Those moments will quickly pass
I will sit up till dawn by your side
Sharing with you all of my light
The numerous things you should already hold
But alas if you do, I know not
For with all the time spent
In things of deepest emotion
Given to you at a distance
It is rarely shared if ever felt

No comments: