Thursday, October 07, 2010

May Another Moment Come

I want badly to have simile and metaphor on hand
To tell the world the thought and vision held here
At the very forefront of all on my tingling brain
But even a word for word, detailed description
Could not do justice to these things that I feel

My privilege it was, to sit and watch her don
Her burgundy striped polo and loose blue jeans
Seeing her enjoy the new hair cut that frames her face
With it in her eyes, she sought a way to keep it back
My hat, I placed backwards upon her head

She paused for a moment to give a song a listen
Stopped there, her fingers playing my bed
Like the electric keyboard I've seen in pictures before
Enjoying the notes flowing through her ears
Her head gently bobbed to the rhythm of sound

She glanced in my direction with a quirky little grin
And in that moment I began to fall once again
More and more in love with her and her beautiful soul
Turned her around and kissed her as my breath left
There in that second only one thought came to mind

My heart was swelling and my love still growing
I wished with all that I had to hold on to
That another moment would come like this in a number of years
That I would be prepared and could drop to one knee
And ask her to be with me for the rest of our lives

I want badly to have simile and metaphor on hand
To tell her the thoughts and vision written here
Paving the forefront of all on my tingling brain
But even a word for word, detailed description
Could not do justice to these things that I feel

No comments: