Monday, October 04, 2010

This Two-Man Plane

I don't know where this will take us
Or how far we will go, but for now
I ask that you forgive me when I struggle
I do so because I feel so out of control
When it comes to the things that affect us most
I am not in control at all
Trust has to be placed to such a degree
In God and in you
It is a truly scary thing; yes I know
You do silicate my opinion, but
When it comes down to the final word
I have absolutely no say at all

What I do know is that I am not going anywhere
I am here by your side, in the wings of
This two-man plane in stable air
For as long as you will have me here
Nothing they say will take that away
None of our arguments will change this fact
I know at times, I let it all get in the way
But I am stupid to do so, and every time
I will find a way to cross that hurtle
And once again hold you tight in my arms
Right here, where we belong
For as far as we can possibly go

1 comment:

Let our Love be Heard on High said...

Btw-- There is no reason for you to apologize for any of this. None at all.