Friday, October 01, 2010

What Do You Say?

I'm starting to see
That maybe you were right, My Dear
There may be no one in this world that you can trust
I hate this
I want to be able to fully say you can trust me
Most the time I completely feel that you can
But the signs are beginning to show truth
A few of those I felt I could share with most
Have proven reality isn't as it was seen
It comes back, it bites, and it bites hard
It's disgusting really, watching it all tumble
Down to a burning crisp
To them I may one day ask, "Is this the intent,
Behind all the shared words and skewed stories;
The ones you never seemed to quite get clear?"
Those with questions should ask for answers
Going straight to the original source
Who can tell a tail verbatim? I cannot, I assure you
Can we just end this all tonight
All this dag-on bull shit?
Look at that, you have brought me down
To swearing in verse, something I rarely do
I beg you please; you have already shoved it all aside
Recognize what you have done; Do Not apologize
Just let it go, wash those hands clean
I'll still be here if you wish to come forward
Past this mess, out the other side
More unsoiled than before we became so buried
It can leave us and cause stink no more
What do you say?

No comments: